We can run a variety of courses both for Corporates and the General Public. These can be run in a variety of formats from one hour overviews, full day sessions or ongoing courses. These can either be run at your location or we have the option of using the training facilities at TKW Karate in Totton (TKWKarate.co.uk).
Courses we run cover Personal Safety, Self Defence. Breakaway and Conflict Resolution training. With regards Corporate or Group classes, the exact format and mix of content would be agreed with the customer in order to tailor training to specific need. However all courses would contain core content. This would include
- The law regards the use of force in self defence
- Section 3(1) of the Criminal Law Act 1967
- Section 76 of the Criminal Justice and Immigration Act 2008
- Common Law
- What is meant by the term “Reasonable Force”
- Pre-Emptive Use of Force
- Colour Code system of awareness
- Basic Personal Safety tips and advice
- Basic De-Escalation Techniques
- Understanding the motivations behind violence and potential responses
- The physiological effects of stress
We can customise any course to meet the brief provided. In addition to providing a number of public courses we have provided courses for several Corporate customers including Trainee GP’s at Southampton General Hospital, Wiltshire GP’s receptionists, Youth Clubs, Scouts, Students at Southampton Solent University, Teachers at Hampshire Collegiate and a running club. Plus we were commissioned to develop and run the Conflict and Personal Safety module for students at Eastleigh College undertaking an A level Public Services course. At the end of the training we also ran a scenario based assessment session.
Please contact me on Safeguardsd@btinternet.com or phone 07856 750481 if you are interested in discussing potential options